On April 9th, James sat down with Fatima Zaidi, an award-winning PR professional to provide lessons and best practices for advisors to communicate during this pandemic.
We covered key topics including:
- How to market yourself during a pandemic without coming across as insensitive
- How to manage your brand during a pandemic
- How to communicate with your clients
- PR pitfalls to avoid
Help reassure people instead of spreading the panic.
- Take a value-first approach. Now is a time to be helpful, not overtly salesy.
- Understand that you have knowledge that is incredibly useful for clients. Finances are a key topic they’ll be stressing about. So share some best practices, tips and tricks.
- Content providers are looking for content. Write articles for outlets like blogs or online communities.
- If you’re not a solid writer, start a podcast or be a guest on one.
- Also, as you read through the news and go about your day-to-day, compile interesting, helpful articles that others have written and share those with clients.
- Share direct via email, use platforms like LinkedIn or Twitter.
Stick to the facts, don’t spread rumors or fear, use positive messaging
About Fatima Zaidi
Fatima is the co-founder of Quill, the world’s first one-stop marketplace where podcasters can find vetted expert freelancers who will save them time, improve their podcast quality, and help grow their audience. As a member of the National Speakers Bureau, Fatima has spoken at various events around the world on hacking outbound sales in any industry, leading her to keynote on world stages alongside speakers like Gary Vaynerchuk, Arlene Dickinson, and most recently, Richard Branson. In addition to being a commentator for BNN Bloomberg on sales/tech trends, she is a frequent contributor to publications including The Globe and Mail and Huffington Post. Over the past few years she has won the Top 30 Under 30 award and has been named as Young Professional of the Year by Notable Life and one of Flare Magazine’s Top 100 Women.